Non-invasive ~ Pain free ~ Drug free ~ No need to clip fur ~ Quick and easy
* Increases blood and lymph flow
* Improves nutrient delivery to injury site
* Can stop/ inhibit infection
* Accelerates tissue repair and healing of soft tissue
* Provides pain relief
* Reduces swelling and inflammation
* Increase uptake of calcium for bone or fracture repair injuries
Mud fever ~ Navicular ~ Wounds ~ Back pain ~ Gastric ulcers ~ Muscle damage
What to Expect
Before treatment begins please ask your vet to sign and complete a veterinary referral form. This enables your therapist to gain information like past medical history to help create an individual treatment plan tailored for your pet. Your animal will receive the highest quality of care throughout treatment and with the vet, owner and therapist working together we can achieve the best results for your horse.
During your first session an initial assessment will take place. Recording data like lifestyle, behaviours, weight, gait analysis and creating target goals for your horse.
Your horse may be required to trot up, lunge or have a ridden assessment so please have ready a hat, lunging equipment, bridle, saddle.
The laser session can take place wherever your horse is most relaxed; in the stable, tied up outside.
Session duration will be dependant upon area/s being lasered. Once the full assessment has taken place your therapist will be able to indicate how long therapy will take, the after care steps, and follow up appointment if necessary.
Please ensure your horse is dry and free from mud surrounding the areas to be lasered.
- Bog Spavin
- Bone Spavin
- Insect bites
- Mud fever/ cracked heels/ pedal bone/ navicular/ abscess/ white line disease
- Kick wounds/ Wound healing
- Sacro-iliac pain
- Back pain
- Splints/ fractures
- Post- dental surgery
- Soft tissue, Muscle, tendon or ligament injuries
- Kissing spines
- Degenerative Joint conditions
The physiological responses to laser enable optimum repair in acute injuries and its stimulation of the body’s repair processes can reinvigorate healing in chronic cases and conditions.
Three key effects have been identified:
1. Healing growth factor response through improving cell permeability and calcium up take
2. Pain relief through release of hormones serotonin and endorphin
3. Immune system support by increasing lymph activity and flow